Tuesday, June 23, 2009

When do you find time to Run?

When do you find time to run? How do you make time to run? What time do you run? I want to run everyday. I am so not a morning person - it would be perfect if I could drag myself out of bed every morning at 5:00am or 6:00am to run. That's a hard sell since I am often up until 2:00am working in the home office as a work at home mom entrepreneur. I hold office hours 4x a week from 10:00pm to 2:00am.

Then I was running at 10:00pm at the start of my office hours after I put my 3 kids and husband to bed. This is nice and cool and quiet, but a little bit creepy. I can't do my normal 3 mile and 5 mile routes at night (done on www.mapmyrun.com ) because the lighting isn't that great and I just want to be safe.

Then I came up with the brilliant idea that I would prep dinner in my running clothes and have it all ready to cook by the time my husband got home from work and then let it cook for 30-50 minutes while I am out running. Well, no dice on that - did it a couple times. My husband hated it! Why? He just gets in from work and I am literally tossing him the toddler and running out the door. He wants to change out of work clothes and relax for an hour after work before having responsibilities and to do lists. Ugh?

I have also taken the toddler with me running and older kids too on bikes, but you know what it is just not the same as throwing on your MP3 and running to some tunes by yourself and being with yourself and some music for half hour to hour. It's not just about the exercise, it's about the peace, the space, and being by myself and not worrying about anyone but myself !

So, help me out fellow runners ! When do you run? How do you find the time? I want to run everyday 30 to 50 minutes !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates