Saturday, July 11, 2009

Running Log - Ran 59:27 Today

Running Log
Saturday, July 11, 2009

I ran 59:27 today. I wasn't sure that I was going to go out because it was raining. My twitter running friends (#momsrunning) encouraged me to go out in the rain as long as there wasn't thunder and lightning.

Running in the light misty rain was cool and refreshing for the first 30 minutes, then sun came blasting out in the 40 minute range and super humid super fast, then 50 minute range sun went behind clouds and there was a fantastic cool breeze until the end of my run.

I was slow today. Could have been the fact that I stayed up until 3am working on new blog colors and formatting you are looking at right now. Could have been the fact that the baby woke up every hour on the hour from 11pm until 6am (he's getting all 4 eyeteeth in at the same time and he seems to be going through a growth spurt as he is super duper hungry all the time and daddy forgot to give him his night time snack of warm cream of wheat or oatmeal).

I so physically wanted to stop at 30 minutes and was looping right by the house, but thought that today is Saturday and the kids are fine with dad and I time-wise can run as long as I want today and it's been so hard finding time to get out by myself with 3 kids and husband. I forced myself to go on and the last 10 minutes were the best 10 minutes of the run - I pushed myself grunting uphill (nice visual)!

I also forced myself to stretch for 10 minutes after the run. I stretched outside and that was way more successful than trying to stretch once I walk in the door, because somehow everyone needs me the second I walk in that door!

What I want when I walk in the door is applause - "Yeah Mommy! You went out and ran! We are so happy we want a healthy and happy Mommy !" Sometimes I just clap for myself and say that outloud and my kids will start clapping and say "Yeah Mommy!".

Happy Running! Just finished my chocolate milk (best thing to drink after a run, better than gatorade or water, see earlier post about it) and need to eat some lunch my stomach is growling :-)

1 comments:

Lara Galloway said...

Melissa,

You are such an inspiration. I read your blog, see how you're pushing through so many challenges, see you sharing all that you do for the benefit of other moms out there, and I am simply awed.

I hate running, but I love to walk, and reading your blog makes me want to be a part of your community of moms running! Such a cool thing you have going here!

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates