Sunday, July 12, 2009

Running Log - Ran 45:35 Today

Running Log
Sunday, July 12, 2009

I ran 45:35 today and my legs were sore the entire run. My left back of my leg and my right knee. I bet it was the stupid shoes I was wearing. I have 5 pairs of running shoes in my world from various times and various years and I keep hoping one pair will work until I get a bit better to invest in new running shoes.

So far, I have tried out 4 out of 5 and 3 pairs literally give me pains and 1 pair is okay and I have 1 more pair to try. Why do I have so many running shoes? Well, a couple are more than a couple years old. They are all in good shape - I donate my shoes once they are worn. The problem is with each pregnancy my feet change shape and size!

I haven't bought a pair since my latest baby was born and I know it is time to get fitted and measured and whatnot. I keep hoping there is this fantasy pair that is good for me and is like $50 bucks or less. Everyone I ask says that the cheapest pair is in the $80-$100 range. I thought this was a cheap sport? Just throw on some shoes and run out the door - literally??

Well, needless to say it wasn't a fun run for me and at 3 minutes shy of 30 minutes I was looping by the house, but I don't dare to stop before my 30 minutes is up and then I decided to push on and do my 40 minute route forgetting that involves 2 inclines!

I am glad I forced myself to go out and keep going through irritation but I am almost out of shoes to try. I so don't want to go try and pick out shoes and spend $100 on this cheap and easy sport! I used to love Ryka and Saucony 10 years ago - I see they still exist and I just went on www.ryka.com
and they have all kinds of running shoes for $51 - $75. They even have a promo through July 31, 2009 where you can get a free pair of running shorts with each running shoe purchase !

I've never ordered shoes online. I need to go to a shoe store and get my arch assessed and my feet measured so I can order the right shoes. Has anyone ever ordered shoes online before? If so, leave a comment and let me know about your experience.

Happy Running !

1 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

If you're anything like me, I would advise not buying shoes online. My feet are funky shaped and going to the running store where they can fit me properly has been a Godsend! And they're a bit pricey but I can always buy a pair of Brooks in the $90 range. I'm on my 3rd pair of Brooks and they have yet to fail me!

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates