Thursday, August 6, 2009

Running Log - Ran 34:44 Today

Running Log
Thursday, August 6th, 2009

I Ran 34:44 Today. I went to bed early last night (for a night owl) and was woken up at 5:29am by the baby. I decided that after getting the baby back to sleep rather quickly that I should stay up and go for a run like all my mom running friends have been reccommending.

I have so been resisting morning runs because I am so not a morning person and often go to bed at 2am. Guess what? This run was AWESOME! It's been so bloody hot and humid, like August always is in the Midwest - and it was gloriously cool this morning. It was beautiful and peaceful too!

My first 10 minutes are usually the hardest and I often look at my watch 3 or 4 times those first 10 minutes even though I have a timer set & I didn't even feel like it this morning.

It was a wonderful run followed by coming home to my husband waiting at the door to go to work - he needed me home at 6:45am and I was back at 6:44am - we passed the baton and my kids slept for another 1.5 hours! What an additional incentive!

Okay you morning Mama Runners - You are Right! Running in the morning is Great! Now, can you come to my house at 5:30 am tomorrow and get me out of bed?

Happy Running!

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

If someone's heading to your house, then maybe then can get me up too! I can make my 6 a.m. runs. But 5 a.m. runs, yea that's a whole different story!

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

Morning workouts are the best...I try to convince myself of that when the alarm is going off, but so well worth it afterwards. I have gotten lazy since my son stopped nursing, but when he was nursing I would feed him around 5:30 then go workout. I kinda miss those early early mornings! I have no incentive for getting up now since both boys sleep in until 8- except for the workout! : )

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates