Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where Have I Been? August has been a busy month for me ! How do you keep Running when Life Happens?

August has been quite a month for me!

August 10th we closed on a house that I wasn't expecting to buy - a cute fixer upper ranch for $153,500 at 4.09 financing - we felt we couldn't pass it up even though it is a whole year early before a game plan.

My poor sweet baby Jonathan who is 20 months old sorta fell off the bed and slipped on a Sports Illustrated (not mine!) and fell on top of a metal book light that happened to be on the floor instead of night stand (not mine!).

In this freak accident he cut above his lip, below his nose & had to go to the Emergency Room to get stitches (worst mom experience - 3 adults holding a poor screaming baby down while he is yelling "No! Hurt!" - they needed a 4th 'cause he was sooo strong!) and in the next week went back to Urgent Care and ER multiple times to deal with stitch that came out after 1st day and high fever.

End result is that we have a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon next week to discuss options which most likely will be surgery to repair 6 months to a year out because they can't do anything now 'cause wound is so old you only have a 48 window to fix these things. Now, they have to wait for it to scar over & then they will cut out scar and repair.

I wouldn't go through all this if it wasn't on my poor handsome, cutie's face! Give me an arm, Give me a leg, and Give me a scar - totally different story on your child's face.

Okay so other personal - totally too much information - just getting my periods back since birth of baby and they are horrendous - 2nd was better than first - first I was bed ridden for 4 days, 2nd I was only bed ridden for 2 days - but any either scenario - no running for a week!

NOW, I have mastitis! Holy Moly! For past 7 days while dealing with the Jonathan crisis I have barely had 3-4 hours sleep at night with ER visits, high fevers, baby crying, etc... And I was in the process of weaning him - to see if we can be done nursing by the time he is 2 years old (we are discussing if we are going to have 4th child before I turn 40). So, nursing has been erratic during crisis week because I threw weaning out the window with all of these distressing hospital visits. So, nursing pattern immediately and dramatically changing, me sleep deprived, run down, and exhausted, and germ-o-rama sick people all around at Urgent Cares and ERs = Mastitis for Melissa !

I am bed ridden today and tomorrow. My husband, dear husband took all three kids on a road trip today to spend the day with our best friends and their family & may even spend the night. I opted out and am here at home alone. I wish they had a movie place that delivered movies! Ooooh... that's right we have on demand movies through our cable company - chick flick - here I come!

So, my question to all my experienced mom runners - How do you keep running when life comes at you fast and furious? I think that is my biggest problem. Life is Life and things will always be coming up and happening - How do you make sure you are still fitting in Me-Time and Running Time?

2 comments:

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

uggh I'm sorry to hear all of that! I used to get Mastitis all the time, it was miserable! The truth is, as a mom, "life" has to come first sometimes! In my life "me time" and "running time" are one in the same, and when all else fails, I wake up at 5 am. It sucks to get up that early, but I feel so much better getting up early than not running at all. I hope things start to look up for you and everyone is recovering nicely!

Mom2Amara said...

Girl, I'm sorry to hear about all of that going on. Things aren't much better on my front and I went running for the first time in 10 days this morning. It felt so good! But you're right, life sometimes gets in the way. But when you can get out to run, DO IT! You'll feel great!

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates