Monday, September 21, 2009

Manic Monday Mama Working Out until I Drop

Whoah Mama! What was I thinking! I can barely sit here right now to do this post! I am so exhausted. I went crazy working out today.

Got up at 5am - okay well the baby woke me up at 5am. I didn't wake up on my own free will as I am soo not a morning person! After I got baby settled by 5:11am I decided to drag myself out of bed and somehow put on my workout clothes. I wrote my husband a note - I didn't even tell him I was going. I didn't want to say I was going to do & then not do it after SAYING I was going to do it. So, I left hubby a note that I would be back at 7:30am or 8:00am & to call me if he needed me.

There is this 6am spinning class at the YMCA I have been wanting to do for months - Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. I somehow got to the Y before 6am to find out that the spin class is now 6:30am. So, I headed upstairs and did some warm up biking and walking around that track. As I was walking around the track this very fit 50-60 something lady was there lifting some weights in her sports bra and hot shorts with a great body. Before she left the room she went to the pull-up bar & did full out pull-ups!

I walked into the spin class 6:25am and the hot pull up mama was our instructor ! I have taken Spin Classes before and really enjoyed riding with a group of people in a room with super upbeat music - noone gets ahead of you & no catching up. I have loved the instructors motivating you through 60 minutes of a super workout!

Well, as I may have mentioned before I am not a morning person and I don't talk much the first hour or two I wake up. This instructor was NOT motivating and encouraging at all. She was shrill and brow beating. Not, "you can do it! only 10 more seconds at 80%", she was more like "come on, stay up there, don't you stop!". It's just not my cup of tea. Reminds me a bit of The Biggest Loser - I couldn't work out with Jillian. She is more a brow beater than leader and motivator.

Bummer - 'cause the people were fun and the activity I enjoy. Though a couple other wanky things she did is she had us get off our bikes and do these crazy holding squats - squatting for 30 seconds or 60 seconds. Huh? I have never ever done that in a spinning class. Then, she wanted us to get of the bikes at the half way point and go across the hall to the gym to jump rope. Huh? What? Well, I left at that point as I wanted to get home by 7:30am to wake up the household to get ready for school.

Side note: I was spinning behind two very fit women. One with with the body I had before kids and the other with the more realistic body of what I hope to have after kids. Still, was very motivating to see my past body and future body right in front of me while working out.

Then, I watched my girlfriends 21 month old toddler for the day - little Emma is only 1 week older than my little Jon Jon. They are a hoot & tons of fun - but boy do they have lots of energy. They only gave me one 1 hour nap - I was hoping for at least a 2 hour nap or two 1 hour naps.

Later that evening, I went to a Women's Running Clinic I signed up for 8 weeks ago. I left the house at 6pm and the class ended at 8pm. It is great working out with 40 other women. All types, all sizes, all fitness levels & most importantly always someone to run with and chat. Now, that Leader is super motivating and ONLY has positive things to say!

Then, crazy lady Melissa (me) had a Tennis Class afterwards from 9:30pm to 10:30pm and we actually played until they kicked us out at 10:45pm. I was soo out of energy the last 15 minutes, the racket was feeling too heavy & I was missing shots. This is an advanced intermmediate class - so no messing around and no beginners here.

I did stop and eat a salad and have a beverage between the running clinic and tennis class - but that wasn't enough - I needed to get some protein in there because that salad did not sustain me through the tennis class.

Well, something's gotta give. I am going to ditch the spinning class on monday mornings. There is one on Monday afternoons, but I would have to take 2 toddlers with me - though they have baby daycare. I think I will call first to find out if it's the same instructor.

I paid for the Women's Running Clinic and really love that group & the only other clinic I could take at my beginner level is the 5K training class - but it is on Friday nights. Friday nights are preserved at our house as Lierman Family Fun Nights - with board games, card games, wii, rockband, pizzza, pop, pjs, popcorn, and a movie! I paid for Tennis too & LOVE my instructor - he is awesome! Tennis, hum, maybe I will call tomorrow and see if there is another night for tennis that doesn't conflict with kid's and husband's (hubby is a teacher and a coach) afterschool activities.

I have soo much work to do tonite, but its 1:06am and I am soo toast. I can barely keep my eyes open, but I wanted to download this post while it was fresh and I was feeling it! Any bets on how sore I am going to be tomorrow & how funny it will be to see me with my sore legs hobbling down the stairs in the morning!

Anyone wanna wake me up tomorrow ?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to
start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that,
how you presented it. Too cool!

Also visit my weblog: miraslow.com

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates