Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Brisk Walk in the Cool Crisp Fall Air before Dinner

Just went for a 20 minute brisk walk before dinner in the cool crisp fall air! My ideal time to work out is actually before dinnertime. I am a stay-at-home mom with a toddler + 2 school aged kids. I like to re-connect with the big kids when they get in from school and get dinner cooking and then go out to workout before dinner. It helps me to transition my day from being home all day with the little one and into the evening family routine.

It gives me a chance to clear my head and get some fresh air and to be alone for 30-60 minutes depending on my route. Then I can dive into dinnertime, homeworktime, eveningtime, and bedtime. It lets me think about my day and plan my evening of what I need to do after the kids are in bed. Do I need to wash their school uniforms? Do I need to do a client bid? (I am a work-at-home mom too) Do I need to layout some custom rhinestone patterns? Do I need to package up internet orders? So much to think about and process !

My friend Lara, The Mom Biz Coach, suggested that I use the voice record option on my MP3 player when my list is too big or to use it during my cool down walk after a run. Then I can play at back after I get all the munchkins to bed. This has been a great tool 'cause you really can't take pen and paper on a run or walk.

I have to say after this cruddy summer weather-wise I am really enjoying the brisk fall. It was a bit cold the other night and a bit winter-like but I hope it will stay in the 40-60 degree range for a while.

When is your favorite time of the day to run?

When is your favorite time of the year to run?

Does anyone have any fall races coming up ?

Happy Running !

8 comments:

EricaH said...

i really like to run in the morning right after I get my older kids to school its when i have the most energy. and I am really enjoying the fall for running. I am doing my own route on Sunday for World Run Day Nov. 8th and then running a 5k on the 21st.

Monica said...

Hi Moms Running! Just found you on Twitter. We are @aboldpace. What a pretty site. We are 40 something moms that run and blog through our training. We are all morning runners. I got up at 4:45 to make it out there today. I love getting it out of the way before the day starts and the teenagers get up! Check out our blog: www.aboldpace.com
Good Luck with your running!
Monica

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lunch is my "me" time, my only time to run - I work full-time, have a 2&4 yr old, and my hubby is out of the country 50% of the year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

New Runner

My Running Goals

~ I want to run a 5K by end of September 2009
~ I want to run a 10K by end of the year 2009
~ I want to run a 10K in the Spring 2010
~ I want to run a 10 Miler in the Summer 2010
~ I want to run a Half Marathon by my 39th B-day by November 8th, 2010
~ I want to run the Detroit Free Press October Marathon by the time I am 40 years old in 2011.
~To Celebrate my 40th Birthday I want to go to New York and run the New York City November Marathon

 

Moms Running | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates